Monday, November 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday, Thanksgiving edition

This week is all about Thanksgiving at our house. I will only be cooking for 2 adults and a seven year old girl so my serving sizes are not huge. Our meal plan for Thanksgiving is basically the same menu we use each year except for the addition of a cornbread dressing this year.

Advance preparation for Thanksgiving is a real life saver for me because inevitably I end up with not enough pans, dishes etc, to fix everything in on the big day. I will make the mashed potatoes on either Tuesday or Wednesday and put them in a crockpot on Wednesday to stay warm while everything is cooking. My gravy will be the Make Ahead Gravy from Budget 101.com . I will also be making the pumpkin pies (from the Libby's recipe) and the Mud Cake on Wednesday.

The daughter child will be out of school starting Wednesday through the weekend. That's the reason why breakfast and lunch are planned for those days in addition to dinner.

If you need ideas for meals or just want to cruise the blogosphere, go see Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Monday, 24th

Dinner - Fish sticks
mac & cheese

Tuesday, 25th

Dinner - Schwan's Chicken Enchiladas
Spanish Rice
Refried beans

Wednesday, 26th

B'fast - Cold cereal
Lunch-Ramen noodles
Dinner - Pigs in a blanket
mac & cheese

Thursday, 27th

Thanksgiving Dinner

Friday, 28th

B'fast - Pancakes
Lunch-Soup/sandwich
Dinner - Leftovers

Saturday, 29th

B'fast - Eggs and toast
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Hamburger Potato casserole

Sunday, 30th

B'fast - Cereal
Lunch - PB&J sandwiches
Dinner - Chicken & Dumpllings
(my moms recipe)

As always, this meal plan is subject to change.

No comments: