Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, July 27-August 2, 2009

mpm

For some reason this summer seems to be interminably long. I can’t tell you how many times, just in the last week, I’ve said a quick wish for school to start soon. I love my youngest daughter, the Bee, but it seems like she has no “off” switch. I never realized how sweet silence can actually be.

I’ve also been missing my oldest daughter, KatyDid, lately. KatyDid and her son, Doodlebug, are about 8 hours from me and I can’t help but feel that Doodlebug will be grown by the time I get to see him again. I’m missing all the changes that babies go thru in their first year and just hope that I get the opportunity to do some hugging and kissing really soon.

This week, our meal plan is pretty general in that I don’t have specific recipes picked yet to go with the meat choice for each day. I’ll try to come back and do an update post to let you know which recipes I chose. In the meantime, why don’t you go and check out Laura’s Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie. With over 300 participants each week, there’s sure to be a recipe or two you’ll like.

Monday -Spaghetti
Tuesday -Pork chops
Wednesday -Chicken
Thursday -Fish sticks
Friday -Meatloaf ( from the freezer)
Saturday -Leftovers
Sunday -Ham Steak

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm laughing, this is my first instinct for a menu...but if I did this I would never find recipes :-/

Teresa said...

Well so far the menu hasn't been followed as planned. We did eat spaghetti on Monday, but then leftovers of Hamburger Helper on Tuesday, and a sandwich for me and ramen for the Bee on Wednesday. My problem is apparently actually following the menu.

Connie Weiss said...

You just reminded me that I have to work on my next two weeks of menu and grocery list for tomorrow. I'm so behind!