Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, June 7 - 13

Photobucket


Here we go again...summer time meal planning at it's weakest. I usually don't plan for breakfast and lunches because I've gotten into the habit of assuming the Bee will eat those meals at school. Now I have her home for the summer so it's time to kick the planning into hyper mode. I've got a vague menu for dinner meals already but I seriously need to work on the breakfast and lunch thing.

I will be going grocery shopping either Friday or Saturday so the meals for those nights are still iffy and will depend on what kind of deals I can get when I go shopping. Maybe I'm cheap or just out of touch with reality but it seems like meat prices are outrageous right now. Our freezer has had mostly chicken or hamburger for it seems like forever. And man is our house hot! I'm going to try to find some meats that lend themselves well to grilling to help keep the heat out of the house but that may be difficult due to the Bee's pickiness/eating issues.

In other news, we go back to Fort Worth later this month for a follow up visit to the nutrition clinic. We're making progress but it's not at the rate everyone expected when her Gbutton was put in last year. I'm so very tired of all the hassles and arguments...

Well anyway, here is this week's hastily thrown together menu.

Monday
Cheeseburger Macaroni HH
Tuesday
Slow Cooked Thai Chicken
Wednesday
McDonald's on the way home
Thursday
Southwestern Baked Spaghetti
Friday
Take out, bring home pizza
Saturday
Sausage potatoes and onion
Sunday
Still to be determined

Go see Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more ideas!

4 comments:

Rona's Home Page said...

I hope your little gets better soon.

Enjoy your summer.
You have one yummy meal plan!

Mama Hen said...

Hey there! I am here from MBC! You have a new follower! I really look forward to following your blog! Come and visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

adriel, from the mommyhood memos said...

hello from mbc! :) oh, and mmmmmm for thai chicken!!! ;)
adriel @ the mommyhood memos

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

Have a nice day!